Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Nanowrimo?

While I was away my mother didn´t quite manage to stop the feline pus from pouring out of the side of Svarti . It could have something to do with my mother being old and refusing to use glasses - I´ve noticed she doesn´t want to use them, but she can´t see very well close up... She´s probably just put the antiseptic liquid on any kind of rag, and then she has been dabbing the cat on some random point on his side. No wonder he´s not cured yet. He complains when I touch his most tender - pus-filled - areas, but he doesn´t seem to suffer all that much. Must see if I can get a veterinarian to look at his "holes"...
The litterbox was very clean when I got back from Sweden, though. Wonder why? Maybe my mother has emptied it...

Today is the last day for me to not make up my mind about NaNoWriMo. It would be fun. But... on the other hand, I have so much to do! So many things that I´ve left waiting for a more convenient time - for months!
And if I do it - in what language should I write? (And why?)
So many decisions - I just can´t handle them right now...

Today´s good news is that the old pub in town has a new name, and a new owner. It´s now called "Pedros Pub", and it´s a much nicer place than it used to be. Pedro is a guy from Tenerife who is living with a woman from here. She met him on her first charter trip ever, when he was working in the first bar she went into, on her first night in Puerto de la Cruz. And now he has been living here for almost 3 years. Yesterday he opened"Pedros Pub".
Since today was a really grey and boring Sunday, I ended up spending several hours in Pedro´s pub, with M. and my young french friend...
There are worse ways to waste your time. My cats were angry with me when I finally got home, and now they are already sleeping in my bed.
[yes? no? yes? no? -- I´m still doubting about this NaNoWriMo-thing...]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nano-do! Not Nano-don't! Really, I insist. You have no excuses. I look forward to racing you--and the lovely Maria--toward the purple finish line.

Mon Oct 31, 09:20:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on! It's past midnight on November 1 where you are. Now's your chance to jump ahead of me! What else do you have to do in the cold darkness of a Swedish-speaking Finnish winter? Come on!

Tue Nov 01, 01:52:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone just called me lovely?! Could it be...?
I'm nanoing! But not doing so good, I'm already behind on my word-count...

Wed Nov 02, 07:28:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home