Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Really Old Litter

I know I´m not updating this blog very often, but I have some very good reasons/excuses; some of them are: work, parties, books, friends and - of course - cat feeding... It´s hard work being the single care taker of Liffi, Svarti, Frissi and Otto - I just can´t believe how much they eat! But no, there´s nothing interesting to report about the litterbox. (Sorry!), they all do their things outside still, since it´s not that cold yet. But wait until we get below-zero temperatures...

Yesterday I got paranoid, and thought I smelled cat pee through the half open door of one of my messy closets... I was probably influenced by stories I´ve heard recently about a geriatric cat that pees all over the place, plus, at some point (years ago) the cats had been using that same closet as a kitty litterbox, so I stuck my head in, and tried to determine if there was a faint smell of cat pee or not. I´m still not sure. But, I got other things to think of, since this very closet is the one where I store about half of all my old diaries and writing books... (so I got really upset thinking about what cat pee could have done to all my old documents... which, of course, I can´t even imagine throwing away! Neurotic, I know - but I think I can handle it...). The other half is in a bag that weighs about 1000 kilos - or at least that´s how it feels every time I have to move it around to get to something stored behind it.

Anyway, when I had convinced myself that there was no (fresh) cat pee anywhere near that closet, which also contains clothes that I will probably never use again, since I can´t get into them - but that I have been to lazy to sort through... I mean, among all those too-small items of clothing there might be something I can still use, that´s why I can´t just pack it all into a huge box and carry it to some second hand store, or to the "recycling station" - which seems to be the most recent word for "dump"... So when I stopped looking for cat pee, and was about to put all those messy things back inside, I decided that I might as well try to put order into some part of my life - and since my "now" is quite chaotic, why not start with the past? My plan was to just put my old diaries and other personal writings in chronological order - starting from my first diary from the summer when I was 11 (- which must have been 1970...) The problem was, in order to determine which decade, and which year, a certain book belonged to, I had to open it and read a little - which got me stuck with a bunch of diaries, all from somewhere between 1978 and 1990...
OK, I know that many people think that the smartest thing would be to make a fire and burn all those old things from the past, but on the ohter hand... why would I? Even though it´s painfull to read, It´s fun as well (sort of...)
Im just very gratefull blogging wasn´t invented in, say 1972, because then I would probably have written all that´s now in my diaries in a blog, and how embarrassing would that have been!? I mean, it´s bad enough to notice what an incredible amount of time, energy and paper I have wasted on documenting what certain male persons (that I have had seriuos crushes on, evidently...) have said and done - or not done - over the years. (Why the hell was I wasting my youth in that stupid way?!) And it didn´t get any better once I got over the stage of one-way crushes, oh no! Once I got a boyfriend, I keept on documenting every word, every kiss, every... well you know. (Why?! Why couldn´t I just enjoy it?! I seemed to think that if I didn´t write down as much as I could, it wouldn´t have happened - and I would forget... Which I sure had! But now that I read some of the more revealing diaries from my years as a teenager, I almost wish I hadn´t been writing things down in such detail. Things that I really had forgotten came back to me - and do I really need that?).
So, anyway, I didn´t find any cat pee in my closet - but I got stuck in some other kind of shit. Right now I´m trying to get through the autumn of 1979... ( what a fucked-up year that seems to have been!).

[By the way, what I thought was the smell of cat urine could have been the smell of some half rotten basil that I had forgotten to throw away... at least that smell disappeared when I got rid of the old basil...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home