Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Time off from this blog

Uh-oh, I haven´t been dedicating much time to this blog lately... Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Rebecca, my one and only regular reader, is off on some wild two-months long adventure in South America - and I just assume she wont´t be rushing to the nearest internet café every few hours just to know if I have finally cleaned out my kitty litterbox or not... And since she wont´t be cheking in on this blog every hour (nor sending me guilt provoking e-mails asking for updates...) I have now been taking some guilt free time off from this blog...

But on the other hand, I feel I have the obligation to report that at this moment I have two extra cats in my house - but on the other hand, one husband is missing. No, in case you thought I had traded him in for a couple of cats, you´re WRONG... (but knowing me, maybe that´s exactly what your first thoughts would be?). These two cats belong to Jonas, and they have been spending time in my house every now and then since they were little, so even Liffi, the grumpiest of my own cats, just tells the visitors in plain cat language that he does not like more cat company in the house, then he mainly ignores them - he doesn´t even pick a fight...

The big one of the visiting cats, also named Otto, but I call him "Ludensvans", so I won´t make our Otto confused - has a very annoying habit... When the door is open, and he´s running around outside, chasing birds, trying to get on the nerves of the resident cats, or just doing other random cat things, he allways goes inside to use the litter box! Why can´t he take a crap in the neigbour´s garden, as my cats do?! I have a feeling he saves himself all day, so when I come home he rushes in and goes straight to the box. And this cat is a real shit producer... He eats like a pony - and shits like a horse. So, sooner than I thought, I might reluctantly have to clean out the litterbox...

Tonight I´m going to a highschool reunion... None of my few friends from that time will be there, so I might be in for a looooong and boooooring evening. But in case it gets unbearable I can always claim I have some cat feeding to do at home, and then leave the place with some kind of dignity. [To claim illness or invent some other bad excuse would be too obvious, but nobody is going to doubt it if I leave because of the cats... ]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Otto is such a lovly name! Very german, I reckon. Which is good. Or is it? I don't know, but Nykarleby sure sounds like a fantastic place, with SO many cats!

Mon Aug 08, 09:55:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home