Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Stupid macho birds

There hasn´t been much going on in the cats´ lives lately - they just hang around, sleep, eat, sleep in my lap when I want to read the morning paper - eat some more, and every once in a while one of them try to cheer me up with a dead bird ;-/
Otto was on his way to the kitchen with a little yellow bird in his mouth yesterday... I hate it when they bring dead pieces of "nature" into my home!!! I have said it before, but it´s worth repeating... I don´t like to have dead mice, birds, small rats or other rodents inside my house!! hy can´t they stick to spiders, mosquitoes and flies?

And talking about dead birds...
Yesterday I was once again so stressed out that I had to take my bicycle to Jakobstad to - this time it took me only 1 hour and 5 minutes...
But what´s wrong with the big birds that lie dead by the road? I mean, they do have wings, right? Why the hell do they sit there waiting for the car to come so close that when they finally, lazily, try to get their fat bird-asses moving, they just don´t manage to get high enough - so they smash into car ... Usuallay they are crows, or something similar - black-grey in colour, big as an average size cat, and they take off like an old tired B52, or something... I saw two smashed black birds, and 3 other big birds, that looked like they had once been seagulls... The seagulls are a little bit faster when they take off, they look like they´d have a better chance of surviving, but still they seem to wait too long... Idiot birds!!

Mostly when I drive I can see a group of birds, from far away, they sit on the road, probably eating some other dead animal. So if I see them, they should see me, I think... But they just sit there. But could it be that they have some crazy macho thing going on -- The biggest and meanest bird says something like "Ok, the first bird to fly away is a sissy..." And then they just sit there - waiting for the car to come closer and closer, and as a consequence I have to endure the sight of more roadkill than I´d care for on this realatively short trip...

Suppose this thing will eventually turn all surviving birds into sissies, since the "brave, macho, big bad birds" will all be roadkill because of their stupid competitive mentality and their unwillingness to use their common (bird) sense. Somebody should go and slap them, and tell them "If you have wings, use them!" Dammit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home