Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Kitty update

I had to go away for a few days, so my mother was left in charge of the "turd producers", and when I returned, after 50 hours of exhausting activities out of town, my nose told me immediately that there had also been some activity in the litter box.
And I even know why this has happened...
My mother, except for being the self proclaimed "lawn police"[ - she´s very much into "Lawn and order"... ;-) ] around my place, also has the strange habit of going to bed really early, around 8.30 P.M, so she can wake up at 5 to and wait for the morning paper to arrive. Unfortunately she can´t see different sleeping habits as just another way people happen to be different - no, no, no!! - She is absolutely convinced that people who start their day early are somehow better, more sane, more industrious - and of course more virtuous human beings - which of course makes me a really, really bad person . And when she´s taking care of the cats, he's trying to pervert them and make them go to bed early as well - but they don´t! And they are no early risers, either - at least not all of them (we have some problems with Otto, who sometimes wants to get up before we do...) My cats are used to my habits, so when the kitties are locked up early, they usually haven´t been doing nr 1 nor nr 2, so they´ll have to make use of the litter box, even if it is summer, and they´d prefer to spread their turds outside...

So that´s why the kitty litter box was smelly when I arrieved home - and now you think I´ll tell you the good news that I have actually emptied it? But no such luck!! I was getting the plastic bag ready, and I was mentally getting prepared to "just do it" - when I suddenly realized I had no clean kitty litter to replace the contents of the now soiled litter box... But now it´s only a question of time before some changes will be made.

Even though I wasn´t away for more than 50 hours, there had been things going on with one of my "god cats" - or the cats that I´m the "god mother" of - in case there is something like being a "god mother" for cats... but, anyway, two cats that I saved from early death some time ago. Jonas, their present owner called me on Saturday morning, and needed to get the private number of Maria, the already once mentioned veterinarian, because Emma the female cat, whom I call "Lill-Liffan", because she looks a lot like my Liffi, had come home with a nasty wound, and he didn´t know what to do. Anyway, to make a long story short, the cat got a few stitches, and she now has some kind of tube coming out of her side and she´s on antibiotics. But she´ll be fine! It´s a pity these animals can't tell what the hell they´ve been up to... If she´d tell me who´s done that to her...
But now I have used up the time I´ve allowed myself to waste on blogs for this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home