Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Friday, June 17, 2005

The peeing habits of the castrated male cat

I´m off to the grocery store to by catfood, because I just opened the last can, and I really don´t want to starv my little friends, since how would they ever have a chance to do anything worht telling about in the litterbox if I don´t feed them, hm? Of course, left to their own devices, they can find edible small animals around here, but I don´t really like it when they bring dead, or semi-dead, pieces of "nature" into the kitchen, those murderous little bastards!

Yesterday I made an interesting observation concerning the pissing habits of my cats... I had always thought that only "un-damaged" male cats do this thing when they turn their little furry asses toward a target, then wiggles the upright tail vigourosly for a few seconds, while they spray the target with cat piss... I´ve seen enough foreing cats do that to my car, my front door, my garden furniture etc, and in case I haven´t seen it, my nose can tell me they´ve been there. Now I have this disturbing feeling that it might have been my own little darlings who´ve be been pissing around all along - since I saw both Liffi and Frissi do this spraying thing yesterday, while I was sitting outside with some friends enjoying the first mild evening this year.

But how can I have been living with this false notion so long? Or maybe it is that castrated male cats do it, but in their case it doesn´t smell as bad as when normal cats do the same thing? This supposed ignorance of mine really bothers me now... Must remember to ask Maria, the vereinarian, when I see her... But since she opened her own practice I almost never see her. Before, when she was employed by our little town, she had time to have lunch breaks, and she often told us things about her work, with all the gory details, while we were eating our salad at "Café Kyrktuppen" [- the place that closed "for good" about 3 years ago, then was "born again" a few months later, just to be closed down for good (and this time it´s for real - they are already remodelling the place) a few weeks ago...] . I was always impressed by how much she seemed to like what she was doing, and I used to think that the main differens between medical doctors and veterinarians is that the veterinarians, in general, do like animals...

But, now I´m off to the store. More later. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home