Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Close encounter with Nature

Woke up too early, that is, at around 8, which is way too early since I had been reading until 3:30 AM... These white nights really manage to confuse me - and my cats. It just doesn´t get dark... I have to trick the kitty population into the house when I go to sleep, and some of them have to be brought in by hand (usually Liffi). Last night I didn´t even manage to get Frissi inside - but he´s so furry anyway so he could sleep outside even in winter. Not that he wants to. But at least Svarti slept on my left side, as usual - I like to have him there, he doesn´t shed as much as Liffi, and his purring is nice and loud. But he has aquired the annoying habit of pushing me out of my own bed. He starts little by little, by changing his position, giving me slight pushes with the claws of his back paws, and as every normal (sleeping) human being, I instinctivel move away from those claws... He´s smart, though, since he doesn´t actually scratch me enough to wake me up, he just slowly but surely pushes me in the other direction, and positions himself in a 90 degree angle from me - and when I wake up this black cat has managed to take over my whole bed, while I am wondering why I´m suddenly so close to the edge (those last 3 words remind me of one of the more weird YES-albums...)
Ok, this will be the closest we get to a kittylitter update, as for today. There will be a lot more in the box when winter comes - I promise!

To get at least some of the frustration and anger from yesterday (and from the last few weeks, months --- years?) out of my system I decided to ride my bicycle to work today - it´s "just" 22 km (whetever that is in miles...). Everyone who knows me is fully aware of me not being a "nature" kind of woman - (who was it that said "Nature - it´s disgusting!"?) so my decision to go by bike meant I´d have to expose myself to a lot more contact with nature than I´d actually need - but I just had to do something to get my head back to "normal", and sometimes extreme measures are needed.

I´m now happy to report that I survived this overdose of fresh air and "nature"(big birds, smaller birds, yellow birds, long-legged birds, butterflies, trees, trees, and more trees - but no squirrels, no foxes and no moose.... this time) - and in just 1 hour and 15 minutes I made it to Jakobstad. Later Kjell is going to take my bike back home, because two rides like this in a row would leave my ass unable to perform its main function (that is, to be the fat thing I usually sit on all day... what did you think?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home