Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Nightly adventures of the cats

Last night - after dedicating way too much time to blogging - I couldn´t get more than 2 of the 4 cats to come inside, which is by no means unusual, considering that it is summer, and they like to be outside doing "cat things"... But when one of the cats, Otto, didn´t show up even in the morning I got a little worried. Who knows what he´s been up to? As far as I know, he could have been busy running around town, asking other cats for help to get into the "Nissan-Pissan" - or, if I let my more sinister side have a say, he could be dead, killed by a huge truck that usually drive through town, near our house, without even trying to stay within the speed limits - their attitude seems to be something like "You think I drive too fast? Well... then stop me!" Otto wouldn´t have been the first cat to die under one of those trucks.

Anyway, late this afternoon, when I sent my mother to my house (even knowing what kind of risk-taking that is...) she could happily report back that Otto had returned - and that he was starving! (Which reminds me I have to buy more cat food...) I really would like to know what exactly the cat has been doing all night, all morning and part of the day... But since he is a cat he won´t tell.

Svarti is my most faithful cat - most nights he decides to sleep on my pillow, after going around in the house, trying to fall asleep in different places - and I am happy when his little face is the first thing I see in the morning - because sometimes he´s been turned the other way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home