Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hole in the black cat

I´m back in Stockholm - after only5 days at home... It´s colder now, but still sunny, and we still have no internet at home, and if I keep using this particular Seven/Eleven, where I can use the computer for 1 hour for 19 SEK (2 €) I´ll end up crazy, or maybe I´ll start liking this loud hip hop music they play here ALL THE TIME... Maybe that´s why there´s always a free screen here.
While I was at home I had to take care of not only the kitty litterbox, but I had to take care of Svarti who had a nasty looking "hole" in his side. I think he had some minor wound there already a few weeks ago, but when I got home he was really sick, didn´t eat, and when I touched his right side he complained and tried to bite me - and I noticed a big swollen area. He got worse, and on Saturday I tried desperately to get hold of a veterinarian - but I only reached a bunch of answering machines, directing me to yet anoyter veterinarian... While I was working the phone the cat himslef had taken action - he had been licking the swollen part with his little tongue until the skin broke, and all kinds of nastylooking gunk started to pour out of his side - but all this made him feel better immediately, he got up, asked for food, and looked relieved. At that point I managed to reach one of the veterinarians, on her private phone, and she told me to go and buy some stuff and clean the wound, and try to keep the "hole" open during as many days as possible so that it would cure properly. So now I´ve left my mother not only in charge of the feeding, the litterbox cleaning but also the cleaning of the hole in the side of the cat...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see this blog is branching out beyond kitty litter into the realm of feline pus!

Tue Oct 18, 11:20:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But it is SO disgusting....

Wed Oct 19, 01:54:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm the one who actually carved a hole in her cat. Hacking away at a fur mat with my scissors, I accidentally snipped flesh, too. I almost fainted, but the poor animal didn't seem to mind that she was walking around with a hole in her side. Thinking about your feline pus, I feel a little faint again.

Wed Oct 19, 02:59:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home