Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ok, ok, ok!



I should be sleeping like this cat by now, but since I found some grumpy comments on my Swedish blog, I just had to write something here as well...

It´s cold!! It´s absolutely too damned cold, and I still have to endure 1 more week of this before I can go back to El Hierro. I´ve been working hard these last weeks, because otherwise I can´t afford to travel (actually, I can´t really afford this upcoming trip, but I go anyway...), but I´ve also had time to drink wine and beer and to smoke a lot of cigarrettes. The tobacco will have to go now, because I can´t have all these bad habits at once, and if I have to choose, well... I do prefer drinking to smoking. I´ve been spending a lot of time with different people - some of whom I didn´t even know 6 months ago, and others that I have known for a decade - or forever. Now that I live alone I have become even more aware of the importance of my friends, because this little piece of shit town can really suck if you don´t fill part of your time with nice people... And friends seem to come and go, but as long as they don´t all go, it´s ok. [I think I have permanently lost one, though, since "The Dysfunctionary" (you R know who that is... ) won´t talk to me anymore, but frankly, I can´t see that as a very huge loss at this point in my life...]

And now today´s cat pee update: two days ago I found a new place where the cats have been pissing for some time, and it was unexpectedly on the bottom part of one of the CD-towers - the last one in the row containing "male artists". I noticed when I opened the glass door to get out a Warren Zevon-CD... Good thing there was a glass door, though.

Now that it has been colder than -10 C for several weeks I usually wake up in a sweat in the morning. And no, it´s not menopause, but four furry cat bodies trying to get really close to me. That part is OK, but what really drives me crazy is when my bed becomes a war zone, int the middle of the night. That happens when Liffi for some reason wakes up and sees Otto in the same bed, and thinks "wait a minute... isn´t that the cat I´ve decided to beat the shit out of whenever I have a chance...? Hmm... and he´s asleep..." And then in a matter of seconds there´s a lot of activity, and a lot of screaming - and then silence, while a lot of loose cat hair slowly settle on my bed...

I hate to wake up that way! And it has happened twice in one week now....

But now I just have to go to sleep, because tomorrow morning I will have to wake up like most people do - to the sound of an alarm clock... I hate to wake up that way too, but I sort of have to.... I´ll wake up at 6 A.M so I can get started by 7 A.M and drive my father to the hospital in Vasa, so...

buenas noches.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going crazy. We bought a house and I have no job. The only ones available are furniture salesperson or cleaner. I'm so glad I have a university degree.
M

Thu Mar 09, 10:59:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really should come here for a visit. The daffodils are out, the sun is shining, it's 75 degrees, and I'm sure Dean and Deluca has lemonade and key lime pie to offer you. Ah, the pleasures of global warming. Of course, how did I spend my first nonworking day in weeks? Finishing off the 800-page Bleak House, heading to the bookstore for an infusion of five new books, and now settling down on the couch for another exciting Saturday night in Georgetown. Chuck is in Suriname, of all places.

P.S. Congratulations on home ownership and your new career as a furniture salesperson! Does this mean you have a new address, just in case I ever get around to sending you the something I've been meaning to send you for lo these past however many years?

Sun Mar 12, 12:09:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, haven't checked the blog for a while!

Right now it's a winter wonderland outside, snow keeps coming down en masse. Spring has never felt further away... But it will come, eventually I'm sure, and with it we will move to our new house which is making me extremely excited! It is BIG if not beautiful, has no less than four bedrooms (yes I know, not a big deal to an american but unusual in Finland) and two appletrees in the yard... It's an hour outside Helsinki in a small town and there I will sit in peace and quiet in my own home and freelance and write... Speaking of which, did I already tell you I am coming out with a cookbook this fall? Can't remember. It's all very exciting and I can't wait to see what it'll look like, the layouter has just started working on it.

Coming there for a visit sounds LOVELY right now with spring weather and all, but alas, for an unemployed houseowner it isn't economically feasible... Our adress will change, but not until June, so if you send whatever it is you want to you can do it now... But I'll let you know my new adress too, later.

Wed Mar 22, 08:13:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home