Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

El Hierro and other islands

OK, I have to admit one thing: my mental state right now is really weird... probably because of where I am.
This little island is, in some respects "el culo del mundo" according to some native herreños, but still it has something that makes you want to stay. I´ve already met several people who just came for e weekend, and then went home and packed their stuff, came back - and never left. I´m in danger myself right now, because I´m thinking of changing my plane ticket, staying a bit longer, coming back here, maybe, in March... But the really frightening thing yesterday was that I actually, for a little while, considered applying for a job in a local supermercado (no, i didn´t actually do it...).

My husband is right now on another island in the Atlantic Ocean - he is in Iceland... My best friend from school went there in 1979, for some weeks - she's still there, married to a woman. It seems like some islands trap you and don´t let you leave once you´ve come there... Iceland never had that influence on me - let´s hope it doesn´t have that influence on my husband either...

(R. if you are reading this - write me an e-mail so I get your address, I´m in such a confused state right now that I can´t remember it... There are some non-blog worthy things I´d like to comment with you... ok?)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hear about non-blog-worthy comments too :o(

Unfair.

Wed Feb 01, 10:25:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home