Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Back to 1984

Yesterday we were invited to dinner at Niki´s place. She´s been in my life since 1980 - which is a really long time, when you think of it...
She knew me when I wasn´t yet with the one who was to become my husband. Hell, she even knew me when I had the boyfriend before the boyfriend I had before him... Not many of the people I hang out with nowadays have that kind of perspective - some because they weren´t even born by then, others because I have only known them for the last decade or so.
And very few of my friends can actually remember the last day of April 1984 (or the whole damned weekend of "Vappen 84") and laugh about it and compare notes and try to put together a picture of what actually happened. Niki´s husband had heard about that ill-fated party weekend - but she had not yet met him by then. My future husband was enjoying his last weeks of freedom during that weekend, because it was only a question of 19 days before we would hook up, but he was there anyway, and he even happened to get his expensive bottle of gin (bought in the liquor store - not a tax-free bottle, he pointed out yesterday... ) smashed by two very drunk friends (Niki and me...) as we accidentally dropped his bag to the ground.
I think he has forgiven us by now - but he will probably never forget...

Now you might think we spent the whole evening talking abuot things that happened in the early '80, but it wasn´t like that - we got back to the present quite soon.

Now I´m being driven away from the computer by that same husband... I´ll smash another bottle, dammit!
[I want to have my own laptop!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home