Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Ok, it´s christmas, I think...?

I haven´t been writing in this blog so often lately, since I know that my only reader, R., is away on one of her crazy lifethreatening trips, so instead I have just been drinking wine and beer and having fun.
But, considering the main topic(s) of this blog, I suppose I should report that I have had quite a few unwanted encounters with different body fluids (and solid stuff...) expulsed from differen orifices of my cats recently.
First, one day when I came home I found a lot of cat blood on the upper floor - Liffi and Otto had been fighting again (I´d blog the blood pictuer if it didn´t just look like ketchup... but it was scary, I thought I´d find a dead cat somewhere - but Otto was just really tired for a day and a half, and now he´s back to normal...)
The day after, I finally found what it was that had been entering Majvors´s nostrils while we were emptying a bottle of wine (and falling asleep listening to the Stockholm Gay Choir...)... They (the cats... in case anybody thought something else) had been shitting in the same damned place in the backroom of my living room again! And it has been there for the last two weeks... But since I´ve had a stuffy nose, so I hadn´t found the shit - even if the smell had reached me every now and then, but I really thought it came from the litterbox... (which I hadn´t cleaned out, evidently)
Anyway, they (or he, if it has been only one...) must have been shitting in the wrong place for all of my 13 days away, since there were at least 13 loads of shit (yes, I do have a picture, but it´s just too gros to blog...)
What else could I write about... Loneliness? I´ve been a bit lonely at times this fall, because of my husband´s recent change in living arrangements, but right now I´m definitely not alone, since I have no less than half a dozen cats and two humans to keep me company. [Not all of them live permanently in the house, but they are all very nice... ]

Tonight it´s night of the second "before-christmas" party... We (that is, the usual suspects...) ate ham (or, pig´s ass...), drank beer - and when all the others left, the rest of us (Kjell, Guillaume and I) watched "Babe" on DVD. First we ate the pig, then we watced a cute pig movie... Hm? Are we a bit disturbed or not?)
Right now Kjell is force-feeding Guillaume Bruce Springsteen on DVD... Personally, I have nothing against listening to Bruce, but looking at all those sweaty middleaged men, making stupid faces while doing masturbatory things with their guitars... well, it´s just not my thing.
But what the hell... it´s christmas, and people do weird things.
And now - finally - we get to listen to Kjell´s all time favourite "Born to run" - but I still prefer not too watch close up images of Bruce and his pals...
The music is good, though.
I need a cigarrette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home