Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

In Tenerife

I'm writing this from a disgustingly expensive hotel in Los Cristianos, in Tenerife, and I'm here waiting for my friend Satu to come from a meeting. I hope she her meeting will last 20 minutes more, since I just put my las 2€ coin into the box to be able to use this thing for 20 lousy minutes...
Hotels like this always have ridiculously high prices - coffee: 3€, breakfast 18 € - and so on... But of course, I don't need to stay here - it's just that Satu has a meeting in this hotel, since this is the kind of placel where people from the airlines stay. I have spent quite a few nights in hotels like this mysel f- when I was flight attendant. And because of this meeting today, I have had the opportunity to meet some of the people I used to work with - and I was almost chocked when I started calculating - because I think I had my last flight in August 1992... That's 13, almost 14 years ago! [I'm too much aware of the fact that time flies nowadays - everything reminds me of the fact that I'm getting old ...]

The beginning of this year has been hectic, but more on a mental level than "in real life" - or not...? No, it has been hectic in real life, too. I'm sort of running as fast as I can to get away from myself, but I have already lost...

Anyway, tomorrow I'm taking myself to El Hierro, the smallest of all the Canary Islands, and I'll stay there for 5 days, trying to record things that can become radio programs in summer. My friend Satu will come with me. On Friday I'll continue to La Palma, to meet some other friends, on on Tuesday, January 31 I'll go back to Finland, where it has been freezing cold the last few days, and feel really lucky not to be there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home