Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Back in my own little cat-body-fluid-soaked existence

Last week at this time I was still in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, strolling around aimlessly, enjoying my last day of relative freedom from kitty litter duty etc.
On Tuesday I arrived in KOK (that is, Pietarsaari/Kokkoloa airport, situated in Kruunupyy, which can create some confusion, especially when all the names also come in Swedish Jakobstad/Karleby and Kronoby... "Where the hell am I?!" was the first thing my friend Satu asked when she got off the plane at KOK a few years ago... ).

Coming home was not easy this time - since I really would have liked to stay for some time in El Hierro. Maybe a few weeks, or a couple of months... I don´t know. I can´t explain it, but let´s put it this way: I had less of a hard time being in my own company when I was in El Hierro ... Does it make sense? Never mind.

It took me a few days to crash land in my own existence, but since I had work to do, and a husband on his way home for the weekend, I just had to manage, somehow. Things were not made easier by the cats - though, since I stumbled on traces of fresh and dry cat-body-fluids everywhere...
Liffi and Otto have kept on fighting, and it´s mostly Otto´s blood that is shed - but they had also found the time to shit in the wrong places... It´s enough to get even a balanced person a little bit desperate. And I'm quite desequilibrada (it sounds better in Spanish...) to begin with. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the little puddle of pee I managed to put my hand right into... Guillaume has been trying to keep the cats from killing each other, locking them into separate rooms for the night and so on, but still he had to take Otto to the vet one more time while I was a way, to have her see to a new wound that Liffi had inflicted on him. I´m really considering sending Liffi to Sweden, because all this started when Kjell moved to Stockholm...

But, I haven´t got the time to write more now. Just wanted to let R know that I´m back in my little house, trying hard to avoid all the puddles and turds.
More later.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to your cat-effluvia-ridden home! I just noticed that the sweater I'm wearing smells strongly of the perfume in our brand of cat litter, so I'm with you there in spirit.

Glad that you're posting again here. I was reduced to trying to decipher the Swedish blog, where the only word I could understand was "kattpissblog." It's a very specialized Swedish vocabulary I have: kattpissblog, persasekker, piggies. Or perhaps I'm conflating Swedish, Finnish, and English. In any event, let's talk soon.

Mon Feb 06, 06:39:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi both of you, R and A! I'm waiting for my dog to get into heat so she can mate and have puppies... And stuff has happened to me while you were gone, A! Call me when you are at work...
M

Mon Feb 06, 08:17:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on, M. Give those of us faraway a hint about the "stuff" that has happened.

I'm still planning to send both of you something long overdue if I can ever dig myself out of the kitty litter and get organized.

Tue Feb 07, 04:41:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got engaged, that's what!
M

Thu Feb 09, 01:59:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations! How exciting! But I know someone who's going to be heartbroken to hear it....

Thu Feb 09, 05:43:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:o)

Sun Feb 12, 06:36:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home