Mental Kitty Litter

OK, let´s face it - this is a REALLY worthless blog, and in case you are NOT interested in cats and especialy "Kitty Litterature" - you might find it extremely boring. Besides, this is Rebecca´s fault, and the whole thing started as an inside joke about blogs in general, and the boring things people feel compelled to write in their blogs. But then I got hooked - and I can no longer stop myself from writing boring stuff about me and my cats.[Don´t tell me I didn´t warn you!]

Name:
Location: Österbotten, Finland

I´m a middleaged woman who likes cats and books and people - sometimes... And yes, I can be very grumpy.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Been on the road again

Lately, being on the road seems to have become my best way of handling anxiety and other uncomfortable mental states...
I don´t know why, but that´s just how it is.
On thursday I drove down to Helsinki/Borgå, with Guillaume as a co-driver. It felt a little bit like I had done the same thing before (- probably because I had... We were just one person less in the car this time...) We stopped five times, for different reasons, and managed to make the trip last almost 7 hours. After a short stop in Helsinki I continued to Borgå, where I slept too few hours - but against all odds I did get myself back to Helsinki by 9 a.m. on friday. In the evening I continued to Turku with Brita and Jannik as passengers, and on saturday I drove back to Nykarleby with my brother and nephew in the car. This tour was not as crazy as the one in January - but it was fun. Being in the car I disconnect from many things that normally bother me, and I just drive - or sit and listen to music, or talk, or think or ... I don´t know. Can´t explain why this is so relaxing, but it just is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home